Teens come home from school tired and hungry. After a full day of classes, sports, and other activities, the first thing on their mind is an energizing snack to prepare them for a night of homework. But not all easy-to-grab snacks are healthy and energizing. According to the BBC, sugary snacks like cereal bars are high in calories and fat, so don’t be fooled by those truly unhealthy snacks posing as good ones.
If you’re on the hunt for something good tasting and good for you, try one of the combinations on my list of favorite healthy after-school snacks:
- Yogurt with fruit and granola - This pairing provides you with plenty of protein, fiber and whole grains.
- Four peanut butter crackers and a glass of milk - Just the right amount of protein and carbs to keep you going.
- Raw vegetables with two tablespoons of hummus – A crunchy, flavorful snack that’s good for dipping.
- Four crackers with cheese and a piece of fruit – The perfect combination of sweet and salty all in one healthy snack.
- Ants on a log (celery stick filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins) – A childhood classic that’s vegetable, protein, and fruit all mixed in one.
The key to an after-school snack is making sure it’s portioned. Don’t reach your hand into a big bag of chips, or it will get lost in there. Find the best snack that satisfies your taste buds, and benefits your health.
Similarly Awesome Articles: